Believe you can, and you will.

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Eat yourself skinny

Literally.


I've lost 18 pounds since January and have yet to diet, fast, or just not eat. I have eaten basically the same things I always have, just in moderation usually. Using the My Fitness Pal app has definitely helped me keep up with what I eat and how much I eat. Being more aware of what you are eating and how many calories, carbs, fat, sugars, protein, etc. that are in the foods you are choosing to eat is beneficial. 

These are some helpful "Michelle Tips" that I find useful:

  • Don't skip breakfast. Eating breakfast foods like yogurt and non-sugary cereal are better options than bagels, muffins or biscuits.
  • Eat mini snacks throughout the day. Between meals, it is helpful to eat a small snack like fruit or a 100 calorie pack. Even though there may only be 100 calories in a 100 calorie pack, still check the sugars and carbs. 
  •  I prefer to eat only one "big" meal a day. For my big meal, I try to not exceed 400 calories for one meal. Most Lean Cuisines are 250-350 calories and that's perfect for a meal. If you choose to eat your bigger meal at lunch, eat something less in calories for dinner and vice versa. 
  • Cut out soft drinks that aren't diet. Diet soft drinks aren't exactly "good" for you, but diet soft drinks have 0 calories and typically 0 sugars. Drinks like Diet Dr. Pepper taste like regular Dr. Pepper.
  • Drink lots and LOTS of water. It's vital to really lose weight.
  • Eat fruit often. I've read that it's good to eat five servings a day. I probably typically eat one or two a day. 
  • You CAN eat fast food if necessary but make smarter decisions on what you eat. You can google restaurant's nutrition information.
    • I love Chick-fil-A. When I crave Chick-fil-A, I get a #8 which is the chargrilled chicken sandwich and I try to not get fries but if I've done "good" that day with eating, I splurge and get fries. 
    • Eating the grilled snack wraps at McDonald's are better options. An even better option is not getting one with sauce, just get it plain. 
    • Eating salads is always a better option.
    • Fried foods are not your friend.
  •  Don't eat past 9pm AT LEAST. If you go to bed at 10, you might want to stop eating around 8 or 8:30. It does nothing good for you to eat right before you lay down to sleep.
  • Be careful with juices. Most juices are filled with sugar, so that's why I now drink Trop50 orange juice. It still tastes like regular orange juice, just has less calories and less sugar. 
If you have ANY questions about other foodie things you may be curious about or anything that I've written, please feel free to ask!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment